The Drone Campaign Network’s Week of Action is part of International Keep Space for Peace Week. Here is a list of events so far - to let us know of an event not listed here please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider organising an event in your area focusing on the use of drones.
Week of Action Details so far:
UK tour - by members of the Waddington 6, Brian Terrell and members of Voices for Creative Non Violence who have been to Afghanistan and seen the effects of drones on the Afghan people. They will also have the huge Fellowship of Reconciliation quilt – 13 metres by 2 metres made up of panels of people killed by drones in Pakistan.
Contact: email@example.com if you would like them to come to your area.
Friday 4th Oct:
- Hastings Public Meeting: ‘Ground the Drones’ with Brian Terrell: Hastings Against War, Venue: The Roomz, Western Road, St Leonards on Sea, (opp. Warrior Square train station) 6.30pm. Contact: Maya Evans 07973 484202
Saturday 5th Oct:
- RAF Croughton, Oxfordshire. Rally at U.S. satellite communication base, March to main gate 1 mile – starts Croughton village 12.00 midday, Returns 3:00 pm.
More details: Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 6th Oct:
- Lincoln, Support the ‘Waddington Six’ Pre-trial celebration. 5pm – 8pm Pimento Tea Rooms, Lincoln, LN2 1LU Contact Chris 07960 811437
- Cardigan, Benefit Concert Small World Theatre, Scene Red plus guests, 8pm
Monday 7th Oct:
- Birmingham. Public meeting “The Military use of Drones” at Queens College, 7.30pm with Brian Terrell.
More details: Drones Public Meeting Queens 7 October 2013.
- Lincoln Magistrates’ Court. Trial of the Waddington 6 begins. The 6 entered the RAF base in June and have been assured that their arguments will be listened to in full and they want to use the trial as an opportunity to get as much media coverage as possible for ‘Putting Drones on Trial’. They will be using the recently published paper by Public Interest Lawyers about the illegality of drones.
Tuesday 8th Oct:
- Liverpool. Liverpool Pax Christi protesting the University’s involvement in drone wars, Noon – 2pm
- Leicester. The Real Cost of Drone Warfare – with Maya Evans & Penny Walker, The Muslim Khatri Association Centre, 1 Connaught St Leicester LE2 1FJ. 7.30pm – 9pm
- Menwith Hill, North Yorkshire. Demonstration at NSA Spy Base focusing on drones in particular and US missile defense in general. 6-8 pm. Sponsored by CAAB.
More details: email@example.com or 01423 884076.
Wed 9th Oct:
- Coventry. The Real Cost of Drone Warfare – with Maya Evans & Penny Walker, Friends Meeting House, Hill St. Coventry CV1 4AN, 7.30pm – 9pm.
- York. York Against War: “The Menace of Drone Warfare” with Brian Terrell, 7.30pm Friends Meeting House
Thurs 10th Oct:
- Oxford Oxford Catholic Worker / Drone Wars UK ”The Menace of Drone Warfare” with Brian Terrell, 7.30pm Peace House, Paradise St, Oxford OX1 1lD
- Sunderland Public Meeting on Drones with Revd. Keith Hebden, The Yurt in the Minister. 6pm – 7.15pm
- Exeter: The Real Cost of Drone Warfare - with Maya Evans & Penny Walker, Exeter University Amnesty, Harrison Building, Exeter University, 6.30pm.
Friday 11th Oct:
- Shenstone: Vigil at UAV Engines, Lynn Lane, Shenstone,11am – Noon. Meet at Shenstone Railway Station car park prior to walking to the factory. Sponsored by FRIENDS of SABEEL and PAX CHRISTI, supported by the Queen’s Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Education. Contact: Andy ajmccosh [at] tiscali.co.uk
Sat 12th Oct:
- Lincoln: Protest vigil at RAF Waddington – organised by Liverpool Quakers
- London. Afghan Peace Conference, organised by Voices for Creative Non Violence. Friends Meeting House, Euston.