The Drone Campaign Network is organising the third annual Week of Action on drones to promote understanding and resistance to the growing use of drones and remote warfare. The Drones Week of Action is also part of the International Keep Space for Peace Week.
This year, as billions of pounds are forecast to be spent on drone technology over the coming decade we are focusing on the economic and human cost of drone warfare.
Please consider organising an event in your area focusing on the use of drones.
This may be
- a public meeting (we can provide speakers – also see below),
- a street stall in your town centre (we can provide resources),
- an awareness raising event – last year there were walks and cycle rides against drones,
- a protest vigil at a local site connected with the drones wars
- or perhaps a fundraising event to support the on-going campaign against the use of drones.
Special Guest: Brian Terrell. During the week of action, Brian Terrell from the US will be with us as part of a European speaking tour. Brian is a Catholic Worker peace activists from Iowa. He has travelled to Iraq and Afghanistan and he was deported from Bahrain in 2012 after witnessing the violent repression of human rights activists. In recent years, he has been active in resistance to remote controlled drones and on May 24 of this year he was released from a six month prison sentence for participating in a peaceable assembly in protest of drones at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. If you would like to book Brian as a speaker please contact email@example.com.
A resource pack is now available!